Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Fun!

I read some advice online from a mom that I don't know, and I absolutely love it! She said that when her husband travels, she tries to spend her days with her children as though a dear friend were visiting from out of town, visiting tourist sites, checking out new restaurants, and stepping out of life's daily routines. So with that in mind and with Taylor away for the weekend, that is exactly what we did! 

Today was not a day for phone calls or one handed email replies on the cell phone while bouncing a baby on my hip... today was about spending time with my little man and no one else.  So I left the laundry unfolded, the dishes in the sink, and the bed somewhat unmade (a big step for me!), and I hung out with my favorite new friend. We played with every one of his toys; we climbed up the stairs A LOT; we spent 2 hours napping and people watching at Radnor Lake; we went to Noshville and ate pancakes for lunch; we found a quiet, empty playground and climbed through tunnels and up more stairs for over an hour; Carter napped for 2 hours while I actually sat and read a book; we went to feed the baby fish in the ponds at my parents' house; and we finished off the day slurping spaghetti (and wearing most of it)!

And now I am sitting here in a quiet house, sipping a glass of wine, already missing that precious little boy sleeping upstairs. Being a mom isn't always easy, but today was as perfect as it could be, and I am feeling very blessed. He is just SO. MUCH. FUN.  



1 comment:

Emily Berry said...

Court, what a FUN day with your little man! I love that advice from the mom blog, too--I will file that one away:)