Monday, October 7, 2013

Mommy of Two!

The first couple weeks took some getting used to..but with Dad home and lots of help from grandparents, we had a relatively easy transition into becoming a family of four. To say Carter loves his baby sister is a HUGE understatement. He is borderline obsessed...and thankfully, very gentle! He loves to give kisses and hugs, helps me change every diaper (unless I manage to sneak away and do it by myself!), and wants Caroline in my arms, or at least in the room with us at all times. Every one of his mornings starts with:  "Where Caroline?? Sleeping? Let's wake her up!"  And the second she cries, he says "Mama! Caroline crying!! Let's go get her!" He then goes through a line of questions "Need to burp her... no, needs pacifier? no, needs mama... needs to eat!" He takes his role as big brother very seriously, and I am so proud of him for how well he's adjusted. There have been moments where I have  had two crying, or even screaming, little ones for completely different reasons, which was (and is!) a bit overwhelming... but overall, I am getting the hang of this mommy-of-two thing :)



















No comments: