Wednesday, December 3, 2008

CATIE ROSE COX

Spa Day on Saturday

Sunday night- before the big day!


SHE'S HERE!

And she's perfect!


Love at first sight :)

The Curbs descend on the new family :)

Daddy multi-tasking (cell phone/diaper change)... he has been AMAZING! Such a good daddy :)


I am in love!

Mommy and Catie- look at those little toes!
So sweet :)


Catherine Rose Cox was born on Monday December 1, 2008. 11:29 am, 5lbs 14 oz, 18.75 inches long, and 100% precious. I have only seen babies born on TV, amidst drama and screaming, and I had no idea what I was getting into when Megan invited me to stay in the room for Catie’s birth this morning. Mom and I stood against the wall so we weren’t in the way, but watching all the action from inside the room was absolutely amazing. My sister is the type of person who can make anyone laugh at the most inappropriate times-it’s part of her charm ;) And she has been joking about the birthing experience since the beginning of the third trimester…up until the night before the birth. Catie’s entrance into the world proved to be a bit more painful than humorous, but I can’t even describe the strength I saw in my sister today. I know it sounds cliché, but watching my big sister give birth to this beautiful baby girl was the most inspiring event I have ever seen. She was obviously tired and in intense pain, yet she did what she had to do to bring life to this little bundle of absolute joy that we call Catie Rose! As soon as the baby was carried over to the table in the corner of the room, Mom and I ran over to see her. Soon, Brian was sharing in our awe of this little girl… as my sister lay by herself watching our backs and, I would think, wondering where her support group went! She was really brave… and I’m not just saying that. I was with her for over 12 hours today, and I swear I didn’t hear her complain one time—even through the tears, as her epidural “hesitated” to do it’s job, she never complained. And that is why Miss Catie Rose Cox has the best mommy in the world. I am in awe. And as far as Catie, I am in love .


I sat at the nursery window for almost 2 hours, noting ever twitch and every sneeze, and making sure those nurses knew that Baby Cox in Room 2 was not just any baby—she was my niece! The nurses even pointed me out during their shift change, and I just smiled, letting them know that I wasn’t going anywhere—so they better not make any mistakes on my watch. After the nurses brought Catie upstairs to see her Mommy and Daddy, I had the opportunity to hold her for a long time while the nurses helped Megan attempt to walk on her somewhat numb lower half. I even got to feed her part of a bottle. Her tiny lungs are still not completely under control and she has a little trouble crying, so I literally squealed with excitement when she started crying in my arms-this coming from someone who has always cowered away from newborn babies, or any crying baby for that matter (crying is a GOOD sign in newborns I have learned!). Her breathing is now perfect and she has been checked out by her pediatrician and did just fine. Megan is going home tonight when Brian gets off of work, so Mom and I are going to hang out with her tomorrow for her first day at home alone with Catie. Even after knowing her for 2 days, I cannot stop staring at her perfect little lips and nose, and all that dark brown hair! It was curly when she first entered the world, so the one curly-haired girl in this family is hoping for someone else to share hair stories (and woes) with! I would have thought she was beautiful no matter what she looked like, but this little girl is an angel, a princess, and a beauty queen all rolled into one—she is stunning and so very loved. I can’t stop thinking about her, and I still find myself catching my breath when I think of how truly blessed we are to have this little one in our family. After what we all went through in May 2007, the gift of a healthy little girl is without question a gift from God. And we will never forget it. Welcome to the world, Catie Rose Cox!!!!!

5 comments:

The Ealy's said...

Yeah! I'm so glad she is here and that you were there to witness it. It's such an amazing experience. I'm so happy for ya'll. I know this was a much anticipated event. Please post more adorable pics when you can.

emily said...

What a beautiful post! I am sitting at work very teary-eyed reading it. I am so happy for your family! I have been thinking about all of you a lot the past few days, and you are right she is a gorgeous young lady!! Enjoy the rest of your time with your sister and niece! :-D

Wildefrost said...

OMG. She's so beautiful!!!!

Topher Cox said...

Hey, you don't know us, but we just had a daughter yesterday. Her name is also Catherine Rose Cox. Did a google and saw your blog. Pretty funny.
Congrats on your little one.
Topher
topher@tophercox.com

Topher Cox said...

oh. By the way, we are also calling her "Catie"