Saturday, April 25, 2009

God Whispered...

Two of my close friends lost their dogs this past week-- and both girls passed away at only 6-7 yrs old.
My friends are heartbroken :( It is so hard to watch people I love go through something so painful. We will miss you, Riley and Zuzu.


Riley Paneri

Zuzu Raines



I found this poem and wanted to post it in honor of Tubbs, Riley, and Zuzu ...


God Whispered


God saw that you were
getting tired
and a cure was not to be...
So He put His arms around you
and whispered, "Come with Me."

With aching hearts,
we watched you suffer
and saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not help you stay.

A Loving Heart stopped beating,
A special friend put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

- Author Unknown


2 comments:

Cate said...

My cousins lost their dog of 15 years last week too! She hadn't even shown signs of being sick. I'll have to pass this along to them as well.

Anonymous said...

Court, Thank you so much for this. Without your heart and your empathy, this week would have been so much more difficult. Here's to Tubbs, Riley, and Zuzu. Love you!