Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Week...

Our week has been pretty exciting....from dogs to day trips to dog-sitting to Scotch! :) Here are some pics from our busy week...


Last week ended with our first trip as a family of 5 to the baseball field! Pumpkin used to stay home with Tubbie while we took Maggie and Gamer to go run on the field... so this was Pumpkin's first time there. We were kind of worried since she was rescued from this area (the cemetary directly across from the field!)...but she did great! We kept her on the leash to be safe (even though it's 100% fenced) but eventually let go of the leash, letting it drag behind her--and she had so much fun :)




Then the next day (Saturday), we woke up really early to catch the first flight from Orlando to Nashville on Saturday morning! We landed in Nashville, where my parents picked us up and drove us to get my FAVORITE lunch in the world (California Pizza Kitchen :)), and then we met Anne and Bobby and their new puppy, GUS (a rescue peke-a-chon from St. Louis). We then transferred ownership of Anne's old car that we bought from her (4Runner) and headed back to Daytona.... And 10 hours later, at a little passed midnight, we returned to Daytona Beach! We LOVE the new car! Not only do we save the car payment on the Seqouia each month, but we also get an awesome car that doesn't mind getting a little dirty driving on the beach, fishing with Taylor, and driving all kinds of rescue dogs with me! It's perfect :)
Then we spent Easter Sunday relaxing...and went out that night so Taylor could have his first beer in 40 days! He gave up beer, and I gave up sweets for Lent..... My breakfast consisted of ice cream, Oreos, and a bunch of other sweet things I won't list, so I don't sound crazy...but he waited until dinner to have buffalo wings and beer at one of our favorite restaurants (Daytona Ale House).
Then on Tuesday, I received my very own lemon tree in honor of Tubbs from American Lab Rescue :) It was SUCH a sweet gesture---and my neighbors- Pam, Stu, Kathy, and Charlie- came over to help me plant it (after I texted them frantically--not knowing WHAT to do with my adorable new baby lemon tree :)) How cute is it!?!
Then... I got the CUTEST pics of Catie in the mail from my mom... and here's my favorite... how adorable is my niece!?!
Taylor's been working really long hours this week, so I found an easy way to make my hubby smile after his super long week :)
Ok-- so the hair is getting super long...so, I asked him to get it as wild as he could... and then he started posing for "mug shots" (turning from side to side)! Since I always have my camera at arms length, I had to get a few pictures. Look how long and curly it is!!
And finally-- for the next week, we are babysitting this little munchkin :) SCOOTER! He is so sweet--and such a trouble-maker. I love it :) I accidentally called him "Tubbs" like 5 times today--all 5 times, he was getting into trouble...so that kept me laughing all day ;) Our girls never do anything to get into trouble--but the boy dogs are always up to something--so it's been fun having a boy around again :)

2 comments:

Wildefrost said...

OMG Catie is so sweet! And the lemon tree is adorable. We love you Tubbs!

Anonymous said...

Never seen Taylor's hair so long!
What a perfect memorial for Tubbs. . .