Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gamer- Our first little one!









We brought Gamer home on June 21, 2003. She entered the family as a Curb, since we weren't married yet, and Taylor wasn't quite on board with getting a dog yet. I had been volunteering at the Nashville Humane Association, and there was one little one without much hair in the back isolation area... it was love at first sight! They wouldn't let me have her for about a month because she was sick, but I kept calling and coming by every day... When she was available for adoption, they took her to a Petsmart adoption day, and I carried her around the store for 2 hours until I could reach Taylor and get him to come see her (I couldn't just bring a dog into our family without him having some sort of buy-in :)). He wasn't sure about it until he knelt down to get a better look at her, and she bounded over to him and started licking his Dr.Pepper. After that moment, he was sold. And she is now the love of his life-- or "Numero Uno," as he calls her!

No comments: