Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend in Nashville!

Megan and I went to Nashville this weekend (without our hubbies) for her baby shower! We stayed in our old rooms at my parent's house (which have not been touched since we moved out ;)), and my dad even had a bunch of our baby home videos set out for us to watch. It was so much fun!
Picking Megan up at the airport! Mom and I were too excited to wait in the car. We were waiting outside of security when she walked out! I hadn't seen her in person since she was 3 months pregnant!!
Falling right into our old routines--sitting on the kitchen island. :)
Showing off pics of her new puppy, Abby.
Look at her little tummy at 8.5 months pregnant! Her little one was kicking all the time... I am in love with this baby girl already!!
Charley reminding her dad to pay attention to her too :)
Mom and I went a little overboard with the baby gifts, so we gave her a mini-shower over breakfast on Saturday. The Cookie Monster toy was hand picked by my dad... he wanted to be included too!Megan and I with our tiny Grandma Mary :) We kept having to re-take pics with Megan standing side-ways so she would look pregnant ;)
Amidst the family weekend, I snuck away to the Vandy homecoming game to meet up with my college roomie, Whitney! Whit just had a little boy, TJ, and he is just the cutest! I hadn't seen her since my wedding, so we had a lot of catching up to do :)

On my way back to my strategically (and somewhat illegally) parked car at the rec center, I found Margaret! She had actually found me at the Vandy stadium in the midst of the thousands of fans (she said I was the only one sitting when the whole stadium stood up (apparantly, I need Taylor to help me react appropriately to football plays)! I'm sure I would have jumped up had I not been holding little TJ ...haha :)
Finally, on my way home to a family dinner, I stopped to see Becca...and I had a chance to meet her in-laws to be and her new nephew, Parker (who is adorable!!).
It was a wonderful weekend... Nashville definitely feels like home the minute my plane lands, and no city is prettier in the fall (to me at least). Megan and I scheduled our planes at the same time on Sunday night, so we were able to hang out a bit before the planes left. Me, being me, started to cry when we had to leave... but I'll see her again soon....and in about 5 weeks, I'll be an AUNT! If only Nashville, Texas, and Florida were a bit closer together... :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! How awesome is your family! I wanna sit on the island!!!

Chris and Ann Howell said...

I love all of the pictures! Megan looks SO great. She will be the best mom. And of course you will be the best aunt and your parents will be the best grandparents. And, not to forget Taylor, he will be the best uncle :) I love that your dad still wears the sweatpants, tshirt and open flannel shirt. Hope to see you soon!